At the outbreak of the Second World War the battery gained two 12 pounder guns mounted on the beach in front of the battery in event of torpedo-boat attacks. The battery and its armament was significantly modified by 1941. In early 1940 the guns were repositioned and replaced with two 6-inch guns. The guns were removed completely in April 1941 and exchanged for 4-inch weapons. From August 1940 the battery's armament gained a further 4-inch gun mounted near the battery guard room, though this was removed in February 1941. In September 1940 the 12 pounder guns were exchanged for a pair of 6 pounder weapons.